You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Fun factor’ category.
Oooh! I’ve been tagged! This is my first time ever! Ok, hope I get this right.
Meme from Ganns:
1. How often do you blog? My bloglife hasn’t been very active lately. But I visit my blogs and my favorite reads at least once a week.
2. Online Alias: vida | cafevida | milkymooo
3. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Yes, and I’ve been physically hurt because of it too.
4. What do you do most often when you are bored? I work (LOL). I also sing along with whatever’s playing on the radio and I browse. But when I’m at home, I’m never bored. I barely have time for myself!
5. When bathing, which do you wash first? The first thing I “wet” is my feet. But the first thing I lather up is my hair.
6. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? I think so. I was still working in Makati, then, but the details escape me.
7. What color looks best on you? Personally I find I look good in blacks, browns, greens, and old rose (no bright colors, please).
8. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink? Vodka.
9. Do you believe in heaven and hell as a real place that each of us will go to after death? Yes.
10. Do you find that you have more online friends than offline friends? I think I do, most of my friends are still my friends because we get to see each other online.
11. What was your favorite subject in school? Philosophy, Psychology, and English.
12. Are you a perfectionist? Yes.
13. Do you spend more than you can afford? Nope.
14. Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved before? Definitely! I’d rather feel the pain now then be left wondering the what ifs.
15. Do you consider yourself creative? Yup-yup!
16. Do you give yourself the credit you deserve? No…
17. Do you donate time or money to charities? Not as much as I would have wanted.
18. Have you recently done something that you’ve criticized others for doing? I don’t really criticize. But there are some behavior that I don’t like that I think I’ve done (e.g. nagging)
19. What’s on your mind right now? I want to sleep… s&t baby.
20. Say one nice thing about the person who tagged you and the five people that you are going to tag.
Ganns is the sweetest, kindest, and most creative man I’ve ever met! Anyone would be lucky to have him as a friend or part of their family. He helps me remember that there are still good things in this world, all I have to do is keep my mouth shut, my eyes open, and my heart and mind in prayer.
Tag… tag… tag…
Archer my ever-patient partner. I love you Dad, life has never been the same since.
Torikya one of my long-time friends who I have been blessed to be in touch with, no matter the distance. One witty woman with a wealth of wisdom with her.
Irish hello, sister! One of my closest college girl friends – she’s smart, she’s sexy, and she’s sassy. What a package!
Jerome ah Jerome! He became an online friend through a post I read in Ganns’ blog. Good times! He’s a daring diva, diba? One of the few blogs that I visit, he’s a great story teller, and a truth sayer.
Quinn is also a former CSB fellow and a really smart guy! He’s our walking dictionary, he is.
Got this from Ganns:
1. Grab the nearest book.
John Maxwell and Jim Dornan’s Becoming a Person of Influence.
2. Open the book to page 123 and find the fifth sentence.
“Modeling a life of integrity is an important first step in becoming an influencer because it creates a strong foundation with others.”
3. Post the text of the next three sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
“And the next natural step is motivating people. As you nurture people, show your faith in them, listen to their hopes and fears, and demonstrate your understanding of them, you build a strong relational connection and give them incentive to succeed – and to be influenced by you. But if you want people to be able to really grow, improve, and succeed, you have to take the next step with them. You have to become a mentor to them.”